DX168 advantages over local I/O

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions DX168 advantages over local I/O

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nemydom
    Nemydom
    Participant

Let’s put aside the fact DX168 is a stage box and it can be used on a distance from SQ.
    I’ve seen somewhere and some time ago, that DX168 has better preamps and DAC/ADC than the local SQ ones. Someone even mentioned that they are exactly the same as on dLive(???) I can’t find this info now. So if someone could comment on those detail, it would be interesting to know.
    The info on which particular DAC/ADCs are used on SQ, DX, and dLive would be very valuable. Also, if someone could share their experience of using DX168 vs local i/o, it would be nice!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I can’t comment on the preamps or DACs used but use DX168s regularly with both SQ and dLive. I’ve never A/B’d the local I/O on the SQ to those of the DX since I run most of the stuff through the DX and only music playback, and a mic or 2 on the local I/O. I can however say that the sound of the dLive and the SQ are pretty much identical using the DX168. Both sound excellent!

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Pursuant to AM. Music & Sound the DX168 is all D-Live and the SQ line has it’s own pres and converters. In my studio I have a Digigrid IOS & IOX with Digico “D” pres–the SQ5 pres & DX168 pres and have worked with a Digico S21 that belongs to a friend. The most important thing to remember is that all of these devices offer outstanding pre amps and converters and most of them feature world class FPGA or comparable Waves processing: any measurable/perceivable differences will be very small if possibly detectable at all.
    Hugh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.