Dummy fx-type (can be used for creating a group)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Dummy fx-type (can be used for creating a group)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yorkshire Pudding Yorkshire Pudding 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ruben
    Ruben
    Participant

Please add a new “dummy” fx-type to QU-16 fx-rack.
    Dummy fx-type means: The input signal of the fx-type should pass directly to the fx-output(return) without changing the signal.
    This could be used for creating a group with the fx3/fx4 return.

My idea:
    Set all inputs (you want to group) to e.g. Mix5-6. The Mix5-6 will be now the new group channel.
    deactivate the input channels in LR.
    Then use the Mix5-6 as input for the FX3 or FX4 (back panel)
    Now FX3 or FX4 output(return) can be routed to the LR.

Requirement: the input signal must pass the fx-block directly to the fx-output(return)

Problem: the empty rack option of FX3/FX4 does not tranfer the input signal to the output.

For testing you can use a mod-fx or reverb-fx type for FX3/FX4. But the signal is processed by the fx-type. The signal is not dry.

Result:
    That means if it would be possible get a dry signal thru the FX block, then you can use it as a group.
    disadvantage: one FX Block is needed for it.

Normally this should be a small change in firmware to inplement this !?!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’d like to see groups done “properly”.
    But if that’s not possible for some reason, or will take a long time to sort out, then this idea is a very clever work around, & I’d welcome it too.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

Have you tried with a Chorus with Stereo Fields set to mono, and Depth, Rate, Pan Depth to -inf?
    Of course it is not ideal – the return level is somewhat lower than the send, and bear in mind the return is out of phase (has extra latency) so careful about mixing with other channels!

Profile photo of Yorkshire Pudding
    Yorkshire Pudding
    Participant

Or A&H could just add the wet/dry mix control for all the effects – regardless of how they’re wired up. At the moment I think this is only available when the FX is wired to an insert…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.