Ducker

This topic contains 39 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Phil Phil 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

A possibility to change the gate to a ducker with side chain control

Profile photo of bvde
    bvde
    Participant

Yes, yes that would be nice!
    Our console is sometimes controled by less experienced people. It would be nice that for instance an interuption mic can be ducked by an presentor mic.

Profile photo of collegechurch
    collegechurch
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of lithiumfun
    lithiumfun
    Participant

+1. Would be great for background music when they want to make occasional announcements.

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

Yes, please. I posted this much earlier. The lack is a show stopper for me. I have to keep my LS9 for this function.

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

Yes please, compressor side chain input from any other internal source, i.e. input channels, groups and auxes.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Please

Profile photo of Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

1+ for ducker & compressor side chain input from other source would be great.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

You can “build” a ducker if you know what to do using the signal generator routed to a spare channel, with a gate inserted and side chained to your control channel(mic) then side chain the gate/s on your signal channel/s that need ducking to the spare channel constant level noise that is turned on/off by the control mic. It takes some setting up but I have done this many times on iLive with great success. The limitation is the 8 channel side chain processing limitation of iLive and GLD? so all these channels need to be within the same 8ch mixer dsp block. Ie ch 1-8 or 9-16 or 17-24 and so on.
    Still – I would REALLY like this feature included in the gate AS WELL as expander options for both iLive and GLD. The (cough)X32 has this and it also has an expansion option in the compressor.
    Pretty Please A&H?

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

@stix: you can’t route sidechain signals into gates or compressors at all on a GLD, not even within the same DSP block. The only thing you can do is high-pass and/or low-pass the signal headed into the control input of the gate or comp if you want it to key in on a particular frequency band.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Ahh yeah thanks for that. Silly me (or silly GLD?) – in that case + 1 vote from me for a ducker also!

Profile photo of mathias
    mathias
    Participant

definitely +1!
    Compressor sidechain is badly needed.

I can’t stress this enough, this is really important and a useful feature. And of course, it would strengthen the GLD Product range compared to its competitors (who may or may not have already implemented such a thing).

Thanks.

Profile photo of LC Tech
    LC Tech
    Participant

I’ll add a +1 as well.

My setup currently runs through an old BiAmp automixer solely for the ducking feature. I’d love to get rid of that extra piece of gear and be able to run in full stereo.

Profile photo of Ash
    Ash
    Participant

+1 from me.
    Using the system on monitors with loads of IEM mixes, I’d really like to be able to duck the ambients when the band are playing as the guys all like quite a bit of ambient for audience interaction but don’t like so much when they’re playing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.