Ducker insert/Fx Insert switch?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Ducker insert/Fx Insert switch?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Smalltown Jim
    Smalltown Jim
    Participant

Feeling stupid here;
    On a QU16 I’m finding the ducker function difficult to enable from the touch screen; If I go to the input Channel input menu >PreAmp section It seems to be tricky to engage/highlight the Fx insert/ Ducker insert area and then despite trying any push/button hold/swipe movement I can think of to change the switch from Fx insert to the Ducker position I have not found how to change the switch position; why am I finding this so difficult?

Software version 1.71
    Help appreciated as I’m using this on a weekend motoring event at present 🙂

Ta Jim.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It’s a touch and hold IIRC

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Why not highlight the switch and turn the knob as written on page 29 in the manual?
    There are no gestures on the Qu surface.

Smalltown Jim
    Participant

Thanks for the reply guys; I’ve tried touch and hold over the rotary selector and pressing over the text legends to try change the switch postion but it just won’t happen, I’ve also very carefully read the user manual; I love the QU series never really had any major issues with them at all, but I’m so frustrated by such a minor detail;
    I guess unless someone else can offer any insight on this I’ll be off to talk to A&H support in the week.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

The switch is a relatively recent addition

On the iPad (since my QU is cased at the moment) it doesn’t respond to a touch and hold, I have drag it up or down.

I’d suggest that touching it to select and then using the screen rotary is probably the easiest.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

The Qu screen does not have gestures, just touch on the swith inside the display to select it, then turn the “screen rotary control” which is located outside the screen (the one you’re using to scroll through lists) left/right.
    “Touch to highlight the selection knob [the one inside the display with two positions ‘FX insert’ and ‘Ducker insert’] and turn the rotary [the physical knob next to the display] to select FX or Ducker”. Not that complicated, right?

Smalltown Jim
    Participant

OK … I was right to feel stupid; Thanks for the clarification autofahrn; I hadn’t realised that it was the physical rotary encoder knob and not done on the touch screen (Like other 2 swith locations options in the GUI), I’d got my head stuck thinking that the rotary knob was only applied to value changes of a setting or scrolling through a list … Problem solved but a slightly clearer instruction on the user interface by A&H would have made by life much easier..

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Yup, totally agree that this could be optimized. Currently this is a double-action operation: Select control and turn the knob. Touching the labels should work as well and would be a single press.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

It is serious enough to protect, like phantom/pad?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.