Dual/Triple screen setup options

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Dual/Triple screen setup options

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Charles Charles 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Charles
    Charles
    Participant

We just had the left touchscreen fail on our S7000 which was less than 1 month old. Without this screen, it is difficult to adjust parameters such as Dyn8 and other items. Thankfully the show can still go on without some of these extra items! With everything that has been built into the dLive S class system, it seems that redundancy is important to A&H. Since there are two screens on some surfaces, it would be helpful to have a single screen mode or something like that to force the system to use the working screen.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

That’s terrible that you lost the screen already. Hopefully the warranty process is painless.

My one suggestion would be to use the Director software running on another computer. That computer could even have a touchscreen and be located next to the surface. You can switch the main UI screen with the Director software.

I think A&H doesn’t want to switch the UI between the surface’s two screens due to the physical buttons located next to the screen. They are not the same on both screens, so switching the UI to a screen without the appropriate buttons would be pretty frustrating.

Profile photo of Duesenbert
    Duesenbert
    Participant

That’s terrible, Charles! In the mean time, you can use the VGA out on the back to feed another display and choose what gets displayed. Can’t remember the correct menu off the top of my head, but it’s in there somewhere.

Profile photo of Charles
    Charles
    Participant

@brian: I understand what you are saying about the buttons not matching up. Do you know a way to make the selected channel on the surface sync with Director’s selected channel view? If not, maybe that should be my feature request! 🙂

@duesenbert: I tried the 3rd monitor but I cannot get the mouse off the right monitor with this issue. When the board was first set up it worked just fine with the mouse & 3rd monitor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.