Dual Surfaces? Master-Slave

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Dual Surfaces? Master-Slave

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 9StoneCowboy
    9StoneCowboy
    Participant

Hi,

I know it is possible to run dual MixRacks in a Master-Slave configuration.

My question: “Is it possible to run two surfaces (eg. x2 iLive T112s) in a Master-Slave configuration?

The scenario is: Large scale musical, pit band behind the stage: FOH engineer mixes everything, radios, band, monitors from one position and wants more surface space/more faders. He wants to be able to press NEXT on one desk and recall the Scene across both surfaces, as if they were one large desk.

Possible?

Thanks,

9SC.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

No. Sorry… not supported

1 Surface, many Editor or App sessions are possible

If you use more than one surface it will confuses the cue system and the surface IO
    maybe you can connect the 2nd surface only to control network, with no audio IO
    no idea what happens then
    try it, I’m interested in the findings as well 🙂

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi guys

This topic was covered in a discussion on the old forums, which has now been archived here: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/2013-01-30-011204

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Jeff, can you explain it more detailed why it’s not recommended but works….

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi steffenromeiss

I can’t really add more detail than was given by antonyja in the thread I linked to, sorry. He is the real expert on this, and I wouldn’t want to risk giving you the wrong information.

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.