Dual mono fx unit

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Dual mono fx unit

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pblosser03 pblosser03 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pblosser03
    pblosser03
    Participant

Hi I have an issue when attempting g to use the De-esser in a dual mono mode. The 2nd channel isn’t able to be inserted in properly. I can patch it from the back panel on the fx rack but it will not work. When I look at the insert on the channel it only gives me the option to insert to the first channel of the dual mono fx unit.

pblosser03
    Participant

Just to clarify. Everything looks like it’s patched correctly. When dual mono is selected in the fx back panel you can select 2 different channel inserts. Send and return meters show level and audio passes but the processing (de-esser in this case) does not reduce/affect anything in n the 2nd channel.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Is the “Link” off? I have been doing this very same thing, and it’s been working fine. From the two channels, each shows a different patch point “Dual Mono Left” on one, and “Dual Mono Right” on the other. I am also using Insert A in my setup.

pblosser03
    Participant

Yeah the link was off and was using insert A. Previously I did the same on a gld and that had worked fine.

The thing that tipped me off was it sounded like the de-esser wasn’t on and the reduction meter did not light up at all. I’ll have to check the and see what version of firmware I’m on.

So far I just burned up some more fx slots for my de-essers as a work around until Easter is over.

pblosser03
    Participant

Aha! Looks like it is a known issue and fixed in v1.1 The notes have fix ID1667 says de-esser dual mono always pulls from channel 1. I guess I just need to update!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.