DT168-Dante – app for controlling gains

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions DT168-Dante – app for controlling gains

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato HalfBakedPotato 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

The DT168-Dante is brilliant… however, to make it more brilliant, a tablet app to control gains and/or (but preferably both as it could be very lightweight) would be sublime.

Dante is a standard – and the ability to use the DT168-Dante anywhere on a Dante network with/without A&H desks being present would be a big big plus. Theres only one stage box that I am aware of at the moment… and it’s not one from a company with the creds of A&H.

Plus points –

DVS – makes for a killer portable recording rig

Opens up cross sales for those using Dante but not necessarily A&H desks

Please make this happen! 😛

HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

Just thought, Yamaha have something similar with Tio – but the form factor just not right for having on stage next to the drums etc.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I doubt DT168 will have a separate WIFI connector, and Dante doesn’t work over WIFI.

So wouldn’t your proposed APP have to be a MAC and PC APP, either separate or some kind of DVS add on. Not a deal killer if you are bringing your computer anyway.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Dante Controller works on WiFi so a similar app for controlling gains isn’t that much of a stretch — just connect a wireless router to the Dante network. (The Dante FAQ on DVS and Via wording seems to imply that the restriction is in software to prevent those two programs from using WiFi adapters connected to the computer.)

HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

Defo possible. I’ve got a pair of hire Mackie DL32Rs and Dante coexists on the network with the control data from the app (which controls everything, not just the gains). Just stick a WAP on your switch and voila, your tablet is on the network able to make calls into your Dante device. Remember this is control data, not streaming audio packets.

Profile photo of Kieftenbelt
    Kieftenbelt
    Participant

For me definitely a buy if it will contain an osx/windows remote control for the gains. Great than to use as a standalone interface in a Dante network.

Since I’m thinking of buying it with an SQ5, I can’t find when it will be available?

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

The B&H listing says it’s out of stock, but has the available in 7-14 days —- maybe it’s a special order type of thing?

The price listed is $1800. At first I thought it was a lot, but then looked at other options for 16i8o Dante devices (like 2ch adapters for $1550, but no preamps and lots of cable/network switch), and it seems like the pricing is at least inline with those, or even a pretty good deal considering it includes preamps and operates at 96kHz.

HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

About 1400 GBP in the UK. As stated above, won’t be buying at the moment though. If there was a remote gain control, would be a different matter.

Please A&H, a small app for tablet and pc/mac. Reckon you’d get a strong hold on the market before everybody can catch up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.