DSP

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Imarconi Imarconi 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Imarconi
    Imarconi
    Participant

I´m working with a 11 piece band (and also a 13…) and we do FOH and IEM (for everyone) from FOH, they have an SD8, but for some gigs in small venues where the access is complicated, stages are not big enough, load in is crap (SD8 is big and heavy), it would be very useful to have the GLD, or also it could come tu use the SD8 and the GLD at some point (I own the GLD the band owns the SD8)
    I wouldn’t mind to buy a DSP rack unit that allow the system to duplicate the mix busses, sadly I can’t “upgrade” to a dLive so this would be a great deal for me.

LRM
    11-13 stereo IEM
    2 Stereo Matrix (FF, other Fills)
    3 Mono Aux (Drum sub, sidefills LR)

=)

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

gld has 20 mixbusses, lrm 4 aux 2 matrix is 12, so you have 8 busses left for iem, if use me-1 system for monitor then it would do it.

Sd8-24 is not much larger then the gld?

Richard

Imarconi
    Participant

Hello Richard, actually I´ve learned that you can use stereo FX sends to use as stereo mixes (for 8 other stereo IEM mixes for example).
    But just 5 minutes ago I downloaded the GLD Touchscreen reference guide where it says that you can have a MMO card connected to a IDR-8/4/OUT/DOut that is exactly what I was asking for =)

Its so sad there is not a second expansion card port in the GLD series!

Imarconi
    Participant

…and I woke up realizing with the IDR devices you get DSP for channels but not for mixing busses… so its a half way solution…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.