dSnake link dead

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting dSnake link dead

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mt media grunt
    mt media grunt
    Participant

First time connecting our QU-PAC to an 2412 stage box. there is no linking, no lights on either unit. Tried different ethernet cables and still nothing. Is there a way to test or verify if the problem is at the QU-PAC or the stage box ?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

By chance do you know anyone who has another QU mixer and a stage box to some swapping back and forth for process of elimination.

Just to ask, you were plugged into the D Snake jack on the QU and not the ethernet jack and the D Snake jack on the 2412 and not the expander or monitor jack.

Profile photo of mt media grunt
    mt media grunt
    Participant

yes i conected to the dSnake port on the QU-PAC. I have plans to try swapping stage boxes and mixer next week.

Profile photo of Cactus
    Cactus
    Participant

I guess this is a few months old at this point, but I am having the same problem and wondering if you resolved it or how. Brand new AR2412 straight out of the box connected to our QU-32 via the D-Snake ports on both on CAT5e cable and I’m not getting any lights on the port at all. QU-32 patch is showing N/C on the D-Snake assigned channels. The blue light on the back of the AR2412 is on which I assume means that it does have power. I’ve been searching all over the web and several of these threads but no one posted what the fix was. Any tips or suggestions would be welcome

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I guess this is a few months old at this point, but I am having the same problem and wondering if you resolved it or how. Brand new AR2412 straight out of the box connected to our QU-32 via the D-Snake ports on both on CAT5e cable and I’m not getting any lights on the port at all. QU-32 patch is showing N/C on the D-Snake assigned channels. The blue light on the back of the AR2412 is on which I assume means that it does have power. I’ve been searching all over the web and several of these threads but no one posted what the fix was. Any tips or suggestions would be welcome

Have you tried another piece of CAT5?
    How long of cable are you using?

Look at the contacts in the RJ45 connectors on the mixer and stage box.
    Check the wire contacts are straight and not slipped out of the guide slots.

Profile photo of Cactus
    Cactus
    Participant

It ended up being a messed up RJ45 port on the console, I had checked everything else and tried both my cable (less than 150′) and tried the one they sent with it, but didn’t pull the mixer all the way out to check it for the sake of time.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It ended up being a messed up RJ45 port on the console, I had checked everything else and tried both my cable (less than 150′) and tried the one they sent with it, but didn’t pull the mixer all the way out to check it for the sake of time.

Good to hear it was an easy fix, were the contacts “criss crossed” in the RJ45 jack?

Maybe it’s just me but the RJ45 has to be one of the most least robust connectors
    that we depend on for a show to work these days!
    The Ethercon shell does help protect it and gives better cable to jack locking.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Doesn’t this often happen because the wrong type of connector is inserted ?

Giga

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I did exactly that BUT to the Ethernet port by accidentally attempting to plug in the USB cable to record one time. I quickly realized my mistake and plugged into the USB port for recording – didn’t think anything of it as I hadn’t pushed hard at all. Next time I tried to connect my router to the mixer, couldn’t do it. I took a look into the port using a flashlight and I could see 2 bent pins. With thin nosed pliers and some patience, I was able to bend the pins back without any damage and the port has worked perfectly well ever since. Those pins are delicate.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.