DSnake channel identification

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions DSnake channel identification

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

black is better, it has the locking XLR input socket

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

OK – Credit goes to Audio Technica for the super speedy delivery – but A&H chose them, so reflected brilliance 😉

It is black – but the dSnake port has a purple ring 😉

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

ahh well… ‘The Purple-Ring’
    some Purple on the unit !? … that means you can join the “Purple Club”

wellcome to *The Purple Club*

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

😀
    The purple is important – corporate colours and all…

Slightly amusing because the multicore we used to use has had all the locking connectors removed, a few of them jammed…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Well – a 50m reel of touring cat5 really is significantly smaller than a 30m reel of 16/4 multicore isn’t it…
    Might even go in the same flight case as the AR2412 – that would be nice.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

First AR gig now done.

Very impressed, particularly since the venue had a concealed noise limiter (given that their nearest neighbours are 3 miles away I hate to think how bad that relationship must be) – oh and it was transient sensitive, no time element at all, so a group of people clap and bang – out goes the power for ~2 seconds.

The QU and AR coped admirably with the completely ${expletive} power supply, reconnecting flawlessly each time. I eventually worked it out, but they claimed it was set to 115dB and couldn’t be disabled. Erm, no it isn’t, and that’s the switch behind you.

I might just go for always running power from an adjacent room soon.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ahh the old noise turn of the power scenario huh?
    mmm Yes I ve had those a few times.
    As a playing musician a long time ago we got around that by just having extreme sub and ssst (high end) stuff coming out of the PA. The band was so loud off the stage it all kind of balanced out.

So this must have turned off your desk as well?
    Time for an UPS ?

And, I get 3x 50 meter cat 6 cables in the back of my AR24 rack 🙂

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes – both ends got repeatedly ${epletive}ed.
    I’m just going to run some long extensions and plug into a different room I think – I’ll unplug a till and use that socket…

There is one venue we regularly play at, and they just disable the relay for us – the “warning” light still comes on, so I make sure that stays tolerable and the power isn’t cut. Nice and easy.

But when you aren’t told about it’s existence, and are then lied to about the level whilst in a set (it was tripping power at about 100dBA peak – reference, my ears, comparison with measured* weekly church volume as well as basic physics: The speaker spec suggests a max of 121dB on axis at 1m. Well – they were nowhere near their limit, the sensor was at least 5m away and the spec also claims a continuous output power of 300W from an electrical input power of 110W, yeah right…)

*Measured, not calibrated, although comparison with a calibrated meter a while back was good.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.