dSNAKE as signal splitter/distributor

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions dSNAKE as signal splitter/distributor

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jumanji
    Jumanji
    Participant

I’d like to be able to split input signals so I can use the local inputs as well as local outputs, but then patch (up to) 8 to the dSNAKE outputs at the same time. Therefor splitting the signal to be send to any FOH system that may not be digital. I’ve said up to 8 because I realise that the AB168 only has 8 outs without having to mess around with XLR convertors.

I don’t have the dSNAKE at the moment to see if it can be done already, and there doesn’t seem to be any info about whether it’s possible in these forums. Maybe I just haven’t searched hard enough!?

Thanks,
    Joe

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you haven’t searched hard enough…

Qu Series is not made for splitting inputs to the outputs

Profile photo of Arno
    Arno
    Participant

Okay, how about the AB1608 serving not only as a stage box but also to split the signal and send it via the extra Ethercon? Is that possible or outrageous sounding?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

It already does, technically. You can’t connect a second Qu because of clock issues already discussed

Profile photo of Arno
    Arno
    Participant

Can clock be sent via the Ethercon? If so it would be certainly possible to slave a second Qu, wouldn’t it?

Could you be so kind and point me to the discussion about the clocking issues? Thank you!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

No, the QU is only a master, there is no possibility of it being a slave at the moment (and I don’t expect it to)

Running a straight I/O patch should be possible (as a new feature), given enough dsnake outputs, but I’d not hold my breath…

Various clocking discussions

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

try this one: QU Pack as an audiorack?
    Sure, clock can and is transported through the dSnake so that stageboxes can properly synchronize.
    The Qu itself is a clock master only and can not slave to an external clock (or run on a different sampling rate). If this is required, you’ll have to check in a different price range.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant
    Profile photo of Arno
    Arno
    Participant

Sorry.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

No need to apologise, maybe we need another forum With crafted “common” queries – else we’ll end up with too many stickies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.