dSnake as Distribution/Junction Box or signal splitter?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting dSnake as Distribution/Junction Box or signal splitter?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jumanji Jumanji 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jumanji
    Jumanji
    Participant

Morning all.

Is it possible to use the A&H dSnake as a signal splitter?
    I want to use the QU16 purely as a monitor mixer for the band, then split the signal to send out to the FOH (that I don’t know the details of yet) as separate channels, not just L&R.

Maybe I’ve overlooked something fundamental that means it’s not possible without getting a dedicated distributor.

Know what I mean? Has anyone mentioned this is another thread that I can’t find?

Thanks,
    Joe.

Profile photo of Jumanji
    Jumanji
    Participant

I would be running 5 separate monitor mixes from QU16, and then need at least all of the 8 outputs at the AB168.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Don’t think you can route channels directly to an output, although that is probably a potential firmware upgrade…

Profile photo of Jumanji
    Jumanji
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll post it in the recommendations thread.
    I read somewhere about patching the signal to a specific output on the dsnake, but does that then mean you can still use the “local” inputs?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You can use local and DSnake inputs freely (since 1.7 you can patch remote inputs to more than one channel even).

I don’t think you can patch local inputs directly to outputs though – they have to eat a mix, and the 16 only has 10 mixes (and 2 FX mixes, not sure if they can be pushed to an output though…)

Profile photo of Jumanji
    Jumanji
    Participant

I don’t need to be eating no mo’ mixes! I will already be using 5 of them at least.

It sounds like my only solution currently, is an analog one.

Thanks for your help so far!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.