Drop out with SQ5

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Drop out with SQ5

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Treuters Treuters 5 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cowboytwang
    Cowboytwang
    Participant

So I’m doing a festival this week and so far each day I’ve had gremlins show up. First day SQ5 with AR2412, the mixer froze for about 20 seconds, still passing audio but no control. Second day lost ALL audio, meters on board were showing signal, but nothing getting to speakers. Did hard reboot and everything came back.
    Day 3 of festival I lost the audio from first 8 channels on one band and shut down mixer and restarted and they all came back.

Probably shouldn’t have picked a festival to try it out for the first time, but I was expecting something from A&H to be better than this. How do I get this mixer to work without crashing mid-show?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Can you please forward any information you have on this in a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we will look into this further for you. Any details of what was connected in the set up, if anything in particular was used when the error occurred, etc.

Many thanks!

Alex

Cowboytwang
    Participant

Filled out a ticket and sent all info.

I was using SQ5 a Pro Co 150′ Ethercon Cable to an AR2414.The first day when it froze I was connected with iPad using the Micpad app. The next two days I didn’t use the iPad, but it dropped audio twice. The 3rd day of the festival I skipped the cat5 and AR2414, used a 16×8 snake and everything ran fine for the whole day(7 hours of mixing bands).
    So I must be having a communication problem between the mixer and stage box?

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

unreal ๐Ÿ™

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

What Kind of cable is your Ethercon cable?
    Or maybe itโ€˜s broken? Maybe the Plugs?

I had Problems with one of my cables, changed plug, everything works again

Profile photo of Treuters
    Treuters
    Participant

I had a very similar issue. SQ6 with an AR2412. We lost 1-8 suddenly during a corporate event. Couldn’t re-start and had to patch wireless mic to inout 19. Luckily we only needed 1 mic at that point. 1-8 were local inputs. All of the connections through the snake worked fine, both ins and outs. Re-start had all working again. Next we lost 1-8 again but also the ST1 and ST2 inputs, as well as some other inputs that I can’t remember. Again, the lost input channels were all local to the board and all ins and outs from the snake worked fine. In all cases, the meters on the processing page of the affected inputs showed normal levels, but nothing came through the PFL or went to the master outs.
    We’ve been using the board for several months without any issue, but this has me reluctant to use it until a fix is made.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Treuters,

Please raise a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we can look at what the cause might be. The issue you are seeing may be hardware related rather than software related.

Thanks!

Alex

Cowboytwang
    Participant

One of the firmware updates resolved the problem I was having, and for the past 11 months it has never been an issue again and the mixer has done great.
    Make sure you using the latest firmware and keep up with the updates.

Treuters
    Participant

Thanks for that info. I have the latest update, but ‘updated’ again to the same firmware. So far so good, but I’m testing it in the shop for another week before I’ll send it out. Not sure if firmware can get corrupted, but I’ll report back in if there are any further issues.

Treuters
    Participant

Further update is that I have not had any issues at all since performing the “update” to the firmware.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.