Double tracking vocals

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Double tracking vocals

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Dick, my attack setting is fairly aggressive at 25ms but the release more gradual at 200ms. I also made a typo in my previous comment – the threshold is actually -8dB and not -18dB.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

The threshold has no specific point to be at. It is all dépendant on the incoming level and varies with every mic and artist. More front In gain yields less threshold. Less front gain equals more threshold. So don’t lock into a number. I’ve always complained about release values on QU. 100 is lowest. For vocals I would like much faster but can’t.
    As others have said you can get so much compression going that your vocals stay buried. Lessen the thresholds up some if you need more pinch through.

As I previously said. Get the band down or turn them off. I have done many shows with the band DCA all the way down. Even after I asked them to turn down. Guitarist are the worst. Drummers next. Depending on the room sometimes bass is a real problem. Everybody wants to be the star. I was a drummer in a previous life. I was never like that. I held back. We never had instrument mics. 5 input Altec mixer. On stage. So we had to adjust.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.