Don't plug in usb drive until the QU is powered on.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Don't plug in usb drive until the QU is powered on.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Randy Randy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Randy
    Randy
    Participant

wtf? I had to run down to the studio tonight because the usb drive was suddenly not recognized. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Nothing. So I unplugged it, restarted the mixer, plugged it in and everything was okay.
    Turns out the drive was plugged in when the mixer was initially powered on. Apparently one is not supposed to do this.

For live shows I just luckily never plug in the drive until long after the mixer is powered on.

Is this a known issue, or is it documented?

Thanks
    Randy

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

My usb drive always stays plugged in and no problems like the one you described. I did however have a kinda similar problem when I tried to record something straight into a DAW on a laptop.

Giga

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I too have a USB drive pretty well perminently plugged into my QU-16, and never had a problem with it…..

Profile photo of Randy
    Randy
    Participant

I tried it today and it worked. Ugh, nothing worse than unrepeatable, transient problems.

Oh well…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.