DM Mix rack balanced outputs

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions DM Mix rack balanced outputs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ash Ash 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ash
    Ash
    Participant

Hi
    I receiving a new DLive in coming days.
    Just making some new cables to connect to iem headphone amplifiers with have stereo unbalanced inputs.
    Are the DM rack outputs “impedance balanced” or “differentially driven balanced” ?

I know I could test this a multi meter, but I’m just doing prep work ready for installation.

Thanks
    Ash Webber.

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Ash,

This sort of question is usually better asked in a ticket, as we don’t always notice things posted on the Forum. However, on this occasion, I did notice and asked our analog design team to comment. Reply as below.

The Rack outputs are fully electronically balanced which means that they can drive either balanced or unbalanced inputs.
    So with the IEM units, standard cables should be fine (actually balanced signal cables or unbalanced ones, as the inputs will unbalance the signal regardless of cable type).

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
    Mike.

Jack

Profile photo of Ash
    Ash
    Participant

Hi Jack

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Regards
    Ash

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.