dLive

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of papromike papromike 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

Seems to be a very serious piece of processing. Facing tough competition from M5000+ SD21, but eager to try it out…
    BUT AGAIN: watched the brief video introduction, and noticed the same bloody soft-metering display graphics as on the Qu.
    I cannot fathom what type of esthetics or visual ergonomics lie behind this kind of thinking?

Why can’t we have something like this- screen captured from the Ardour freeware DAW?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Stonepiano
    Participant

Sorry, this inadvertently posted on the Qu-forum, hopefully the moderator moves it to the right location, because I can’t. Not on an iPad, with Opera Coast, I can’t…
    Having less than fluent operation with the norwegian browser across the field, suspect that the big G has sumptin to do with it… shame, because Coast is the most user-friendly tablet browser, as far as the interface is concerned.

Much Digression & Maximum Peace 2 everyone,

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

You are forgiven my son :).
    Go and sin no more 🙂

Stonepiano
    Participant

Myopic, that’s me- since I was born- learned to trust mi ears…

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yes – but unlike the horrible QU metering this at least has excellent surface channel metering! Looks like GR meters there also.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I was told there was room for the option to have some much more detailed metering on the right hand screen as long as I gave away some bit of irrelevant information I would never look at, would work for me. However the channel meters do look pretty good and who has time to watch a bunch of output meters much during the show?

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Guys, it is a bit early to make any judgements on the product. The videos were shot with very early development mule software. I can attest to the fact that the metering ballistics are spot on, extremely accurate and they also include gain reduction as well as gate status on each channel, you also have full run plasma style meter bridges in the displays as well as bank view with full metering. Overall, it is am amazing package and is really going to set the bar for processing, I/O expandability and workflow. Stay tuned as the software gets closer to launch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.