dLive with Protools

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive with Protools

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

Hello guys.

I will be using dLive as surface control for recording in a Protools.

I know you have to download the DAW Control software.

My question is, how should I do the mapping of functions?

Should I have midi values for each function in protools so that I can put them into a midi fader in dLive?

Thanks!!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Ludwig,

The DAW Control map is fixed, with the fader level, mute and PFL keys on dLive MIDI strips controlling the track level, mute and solo in Pro Tools.
    Once you’ve installed the driver, set it to TCP/IP and HUI mode, and make sure it connects to the dLive MixRack.

In Pro Tools, set up multiple HUI interfaces as follows:
    . Go to Setup / MIDI / Input Devices and enable all DAW Control MIDI ports.
    . Open the Setup / Peripherals window and navigate to the MIDI Controllers tab.
    . Create a HUI device for each block of 8 MIDI strips present on the mixer, and assign to the corresponding MIDI ports.
    The following example assumes 16 MIDI strips are used:
    . In row #1, select HUI as the Type and DAW Control MIDI 1 as the Receive From and Send To ports.
    . In row #2, select HUI as the Type and DAW Control MIDI 2 as the Receive From and Send To ports.
    . Click Ok.

Profile photo of Ludwig
    Ludwig
    Participant

Thanks Nic.

What about transport controls?

Are they already mapped?

Thanks

Transport should be mapped, it follows Mackie protocol if I’m not mistaken. What interface are you using to get audio from dLive to Pro Tools? We jumped ship with PT for tracking because of the 32ch DANTE limit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.