dLive with iDR and xDR

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive with iDR and xDR

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Drew-Diablo Drew-Diablo 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Drew-Diablo
    Drew-Diablo
    Participant

I have a client that has some older iLive iDR interfaces and is in the process of adding dLive setups into their facility and they have a a few questions about what their options are with cross compatibility while they are in their transition phase. Here is their specific question, “For the iLive with the dLive, would pulling the M-ACE card from the iLive, putting it into the dLive with a slot adapter, then connecting the iDR48 into that accomplish what I’m after? Could we still also plug in the xDR in that scenario? Would we have preamp control through the dLive or would I still need to run an ipad or laptop to control preamps?”

So has anyone tried adding an M-ACE card to their dLive and then having the IO on an iDR48 and connected xDR be available to the dLive setup?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Drew-Diablo,

You will always need a dLive MixRack (DM or CDM) to start with. The dLive Surfaces cannot control an iLive iDR MixRack.
    That being said, they could re-purpose their iDR48 and xDR as simple I/O boxes, with preamp control over a laptop or iPad, and send the audio to/from the dLive. To do this, they will need an ACE card in the Port B of the iDR48, and an ACE card (with the adapter) in the dLive system. I would strongly recommend switching to dLive DX expanders instead for the best user experience though.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Drew-Diablo
    Drew-Diablo
    Participant

That was my understanding. This would only work as additional IO on a full dLive system. There is not an expectation of being able to use a dLive surface along with an iDR. It’s a school that is in the process of updating and they just want to know what their options are as that transition. They will have some legacy iLive equipment from a few of their spaces, and would like to use it to expand IO on their new dLive systems if they have a large musical that needs the extra inputs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.