dLive Vu meter access

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive Vu meter access

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CollinsCochran
    CollinsCochran
    Participant

Hello all!

I am developing some systems to remotely control my dLive via midi commands, and so far things seem to be working. However, I would like to return to the user of the dashboard (soft panel via webui i built) the approximate level of a given input stripe.

I am able to query the mixrack for the position of a fader for a given input, but it doesn’t look like I can get the level information for the actual channel.

Any ideas? I know that capturing packets between dlive director and the mixrack show heaps of UDP packets which I imagine are those level information packets, it must not be available via MIDI. I’d love to be wrong tho! This would add a very nice touch.

Thanks!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I believe MIDI could be too slow for real time metering.

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

If you are looking for Fader levels https://www.allen-heath.com/media/dLive-MIDI-Over-TCP-Protocol-V1.9.pdf the GET command is implemented in V1.9.

Meters is not Being send out thru the Midi over TCP/IP implementation.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I haven’t delved too deep into the dLive’s MIDI capabilities, but I don’t think there was anything about metering in there. You might have to reverse-engineer their network protocol and pretend to be an instance of the director software.

Let me know if you figure it out… I’d love to tinker with it.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

I haven’t delved too deep into the dLive’s MIDI capabilities, but I don’t think there was anything about metering in there. You might have to reverse-engineer their network protocol and pretend to be an instance of the director software.

Let me know if you figure it out… I’d love to tinker with it.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Oh! Can you somehow use A&H custom control app? I know that supports meters because I’ve done it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.