Dlive system configuration and information

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Dlive system configuration and information

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HonakerM
    HonakerM
    Participant

Hello,

I do not know if this is the best place to ask these questions but I thought I would start here. I am currently at a theater and we are upgrading out audio from an old analog system to a dante based system. We were planning on going with a dlive c3500 and a dlive cdm 48 with two dt168 stage boxes. You can see the diagram here. Would this configuration work? The reason I want to go with dante is because of dante virtual soundcard and dante via. Therefore the dlive will need to have a dante card. Also I had a few questions about the dlive system. Do we have any idea about how long the dlive will be supported by allen and heath? And I heard a rumor that the dt168 and new dante card would be released in late may. Is this rumor based on any real information or is it just conjecture?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I think some questions should go to your distributor… not the community

since the stageboxes are not available now, we can not provide any feedback on them…
    the rest of the system works excellent

in an complex Dante system the network switches are important as well

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Unless you’re looking at the 168 boxes being in a remote space, there’s probably no need to go Dante – just use the standard DX units, you can still route those outputs and inputs via Dante at your DVS/via connection. As Steffen said, the switches will be important, and your distributor can advise on their best solution for your specific needs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.