dLive sq6 Qu16 network

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive sq6 Qu16 network

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RuneS RuneS 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

Hello community,
    I have to create a setup for an event using dLive S5000 as FOH, SQ6 as monitor mixer and Qu16 as broadcast /streaming mixer.
    I have the mix rack DM48 and a couple of dx168.

Would you please just give me some advice regarding the network? Can I use just the gigaAce protocol or better to use Dante completely?

Any other help, such like explain a your experience, suggest a scheme of similar setup from Allen Heath documentation which I ignore the existence, would be really appreciated.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

To use gigaAce, you will need a gigaAce expansion card on the dLive. That one would connect to the SQ’s SLink port. This would allow you to route the needed channels to the SQ monitor mixer. Dante could also be used to get the needed channels to the SQ. If you presently have Dante cards in both, but no extra gigaAce card in dLive, then Dante would be the best route for you. If you have the gigaAce card available, then that would probably be the best route (less latency than Dante).

The tricky part will be getting stuff to your broadcast mix. You will either need an analogue split, or if you have enough outputs on your DM/DXs you could use those to feed the Qu-16. Be careful when doing this to either use ISO transformers or make very sure that the phantom power on the SQ is *NOT* turned on.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Correction: Phantom power on Qu-16 is not turned on.

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

Thanks Scott,
    I found a similar question on the SQ forum

Pairing an A&H SQ6 with an A&H QU16 for live streaming broadcast

Probably I can cascade the QU16 from the SQ.

I’ll try these days and I’ll let you know.

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

Update: I can cascade the QU from the SQ

https://youtu.be/t43S86aSMTg

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I don’t see why not. You will need to connect all three using one of the following;

1. dLive with giggaAce option card <——–> SQ5 SLink Port / SQ5 with SLink option card <——> Qu16 dSnake Port

2. dLive with Dante option card <——-> SQ5 Dante option card / SQ5 SLink Port <——-> Qu16 dSnake Port

I think with the proper routing you can get the channels from the dLive to the other 2 mixers. I think you would want to use the tie lines on the SQ5 to redirect dLive Sources (Dante / giggaAce) to the SLink port, so that they show up on the Qu16.

Profile photo of neuran
    neuran
    Participant

Thanks Scott, I really appreciate your help, that was exactly what I was looking. :Top:

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

I just want to point out that you don’t have to worry about phantom power on multiple consoles in a passive split. If 48v across those pins would cause any damage, then it wouldn’t matter what the power source was.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.