dLive move (reorder) scenes function missing?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive move (reorder) scenes function missing?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of abeness abeness 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

Am I simply behind the curve? We used the iLive reorder scenes function all the time, and I’ve been trying without success to locate this functionality on dLive. What I want to be able to do is to move a scene from, say, position 80 to position 20, without having to load, re-save, and finally rename the blasted scene back to its original name, followed by deleting the old one at position 80. Have I just completely missed the obvious? Thanks for any input or alternative methods. On latest FW, 1.84.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

use current cue list instead…

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

the missing of this function i had noticed here a long time ago.

solution1:
    using the cue list is a possible method, which I like to use for spontaneous changes of the order.

solution2:
    copy and paste also works, but unfortunately neither the scene name nor the scene description is transferred. this is a bit annoying – and we have already noted this here. so it should be on the to do list.

solution3:
    i often use the following method:
    it is possible to import scenes from other shows.
    this way i save important scenes into the show.
    then i call up another show – and import these scenes there. this is then my intermediate show.
    finally, i call up the desired show again – and import my scenes from the intermediate show in the desired order.

at first sight this seems to be a bit cumbersome, but with this method the scene names and scene descriptions are preserved, which makes it faster.

but the easiest thing would really be to have the solution from the iLive again. 😉

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

and it is possible to open the recent show for import…

Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

Thanks, Steffen and Wolfgang. I’ll experiment with those things. The cue list is certainly of value insofar as we’re a school with many events, and so it is useful for us to have one show file that covers a number of different basic events. Moving scenes between shows is indeed cumbersome given the show load time (though faster than iLive!), but I’ll try it. Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.