DLive Midi control

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions DLive Midi control

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of quick35 quick35 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of quick35
    quick35
    Participant

Good to everyone! Has anyone tried to connect a third-party midi controller (korg nano control studio) to the Dlive system in particular?

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I have been able to connect the dlive to a DAW like Reaper where I can do very basic controls from the board to say start recording in Reaper, but that is about it. What is it you are specifically trying to do?

Profile photo of quick35
    quick35
    Participant

It connects to DAW without problems, and the logic and Qlab. But I need remote control of multiple faders. We have two workplaces, in the center of the hall with a computer and dLive director, as well as in the control room where there is a console S7000.

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

IP8

Is connecting natively (Could even do it wireless)

Or have a look @ https://www.bome.com/products/bomebox this connects to all A&H products and gives you Midi ports And translation over a network. (You can input any midi/USB/etc signal and the box converts it to a Midi string that controls the dLive).

Profile photo of quick35
    quick35
    Participant

Thanks! IP8 is certainly an ideal option, albeit expensive. And thanks for BomeBox!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

This thread is old, but David Schumann has released a version of his app Mixing Station for the DLive. Mixing Station has midi built into it and users can plug in midi fader banks into the device running the app and get working faders without much effort. In fact, some of the most commonly used motorized fader banks are supported right out of the box. This means no MIDI programming needed (although you can change the programming easily if you want to modify the functionality of a fader/encoder). For example, I can take a Android tablet running Mixing Station on it and plug in a Behringer X-Touch Extender and instantly have a working fader bank – no programming required. The connection between the fader bank and device needs to be hardwired (USB usually), but the tablet can be wirelessly connected to the DLive.

Be sure to check out his app and support his efforts by buying a license if it fits your needs! https://mixingstation.app/

Profile photo of quick35
    quick35
    Participant

Yes! Mixing Station is a great app. I was able to customize midi functions completely to my needs with Korg nanoKontrol Studio.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.