dLive / ME / Aviom Interoperability

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive / ME / Aviom Interoperability

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jay Jay 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

A question on interoperability between dLive/ME and Aviom.

After digging through other A&H Forums, I understand that the ME-1 has a compatibility mode with a particular protocol version of Aviom.

Is there a mode where Aviom units would work with the ME output (restricted to the first 16)?

I have a rental coming up that already has Aviom and I don’t have enough ME-1 to satisfy their requirement (or the need to buy them).

Jay

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

The compatibility is in the other direction The ME-1 units can receive the Aviom (A-Net) protocol via an Aviom AN-16 device (for example). This is the only way to use Avioms and ME-1s together – everyone receives A-Net and the ME-1s translate it internally.

Alternately, an ME-U can receive A-Net protocol as an input, then send out ME protocol to ME units. However, Aviom units cannot interpret the ME-U output.

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Michael,

Thank you for the blindingly-fast response.

You confirmed what it appeared – one-way compatibility. Looks like they will have to come out analog into Aviom.

Thanks,

Jay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.