dLive iPad App release

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive iPad App release

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GerMan
    GerMan
    Participant

Hi,
    is there with the next update of the firmware (1.40?) an iPad App or when is the App released, finally?

Maik

Profile photo of JoshRose
    JoshRose
    Participant

I’d love an update on this as well. I don’t want to be stuck mixing IEM’s from FOH forever.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We are working on the iPad app and hope to release with V1.4 or possibly earlier, at the moment our target is before the end of the year but we will update on progress.

Profile photo of Landon
    Landon
    Participant

Nicola, do you have any updated timelines on this? I could REALLY use the iPad app in my workflow.

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Landon,

It should be less than a week away unless any major bug is found 🙂

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

dLive MixPad
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1162162026

dLive OneMix
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1162163684

Note that it might take a few hours for the apps to propagate through the App Store in some countries.

Happy mixing 🙂

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Love your work, thanks Nicola and team A&H, this will save my butt on an upcoming festival show 👏🏻👏🏻

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Good to see there is a dLive app. Pity none of the improvements are there that I’d like to see compared to other manufacturers. Still only 8 channels accross (even on a iPad Pro!), no metering overview, no scene or FX control, no quick Next or Previous mix select, no PAFL select (would be great for wireless in-ear monitoring), silly scroll function is now especially silly given the higher channel count available on dLive, wasted space on the left border to remind us it’s an A&H dLive app etc. Yes its free – but Underwhelming I’d say.

I was hoping for something more like dLive Director but on the iPad. Oh well – I havent bought a dLive yet.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

But that’s precisely the point Stix. If you want full FX / scene / setup control, you have Director for that (which you can run on a Windows tablet by the way). I see the app as a convenient tool for basic mixing and processing.
    What do you mean by PAFL select? You can control PFL, and you can even choose what PFL bus to control (you can have multiple in dLive) so you are independent form the desk PFL – I don’t think many other manufacturers offer that?

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Hi Mike. Yeah I’m aware that Director will run on a tablet – but my point is that all the mixpad apps for iPad are outdated compared to other brand offerings and (IMO) they are really ONLY good for basic mixing and for system tuning. Regarding PAFL I mean the ability to PAFL/solo any/all channels and outputs! Yep dLive has all those PAFL busses available (which is great) – and you can’t even use one of them on the Mixpad app. Yeah I know there is no local audio available so thats why there is no PAFL/solo selects but add a set of in-ears and bam – wireless mixing and monitoring. Just a dream wish of mine. Director on a Tablet is looking like the best option! More things to buy!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

but we still miss some functions in Director to recommend it for surface replacement in some situations

Mike Storm
    Participant

Stix, PAFL is there. At the bottom of the faders.
    Agreed Yamaha’s app is much more comprehensive. But look at SSL or Soundcraft.

Mike Storm
    Participant

(and Midas)

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Ha ha – Yep PAFL is there. Only had a very quick look at the app so yay for that feature!

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

thank you A&H for the MixPad App!

I worked one year with my dLive – without this wonderful solution to setup stage-monitors. now, i hope forget this time. 😉

the App works good, today I have done a test with my dLive system.
    but I miss the following: please give us a copy-and-paste function, for example to copy aux-setting to another aux.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.