dLive Group Routing

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting dLive Group Routing

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rikkord rikkord 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rikkord
    rikkord
    Participant

Well of course it adds latency, but this is a common thing in live sound and in studio aswell to route groups in groups sometimes on multiple layers. Using extra channels to route back groups or matrices through external ins, so you can group them etc etc makes it ridiculously overcomplicated and a big waste of input channels.

So it would be nice to have the possibility atleast and then the user has the responsibility to compensate with input delays, to have perfect time alignement – for sure automatic delay compensation is something none of major companies such as DiGiCo,Avid,SSL,Studer does not have for this level of advanced group routing – it is the responsbility of the user to do that BUT you have the option for doing so.

Sadly this is a major issue when it comes to choosing console I don’t go for dLive (or Yamaha) and would be a total dealbreaker if oneday they’d decide to do it. Right now I’m about to buy a new system and was hoping for this issue to be already solved – because apart from this, Dlives are in fact great consoles.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

If that is your only concern…

Profile photo of rikkord
    rikkord
    Participant

Well, I mean if this option was available I’d give it a thought or two 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.