dLive Freeze (White Screens)

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting dLive Freeze (White Screens)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt Matt 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

I have a dLive 7000 that just froze and the screens went white during an event. Luckily it was a simple event, and I was still able to control what I needed via iPad. There was a pause where I could power cycle the surface, but it froze and the screens went white after 10 minutes or so.

Has anyone else experienced this before?
    Surface is FW version 1.71
    Let me know if any other information would be helpful to have.

Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

I have not seen this but mine did freeze recalling a show once. I unplugged a Dante cable then recalled a show. The surface froze with a non responsive ‘recalling show’ screen.

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

Thanks for the response RobbO.

In the time I posted this, the surface was locking up more and more often. The first suggestion I received from A&H through my vendor was to check and see if any of the cables going to the various control boards were wrapped too tight around metal corners. None were that I could tell, and I checked rather thoroughly. After that, as I didn’t have a clear idea on what was causing the issue, so I started troubleshooting by swapping out network cables, moving the power supply to the secondary port, re-seating the Dante card and moving it to the other I/O port. I believe I tried a couple other things as well, but don’t remember them at the moment unfortunately. None of the things I did try seemed to make a difference.

I finally received a response from A&H through my vendor a few days ago, and the engineer mentioned that he experienced the same problem once, when surface was on a network VLAN that had other traffic on it (which mine was, as a temporary solution until I had time to create a VLAN for the audio related traffic). Another note on this is that I have a C3500 on the same VLAN (lets call it the Private VLAN) as the S7000, and it hasn’t locked up once, or done anything weird.

I had a large event coming up this last weekend, so I had little time to individually test things. On Friday evening, I configured a switch so that all of the Audio Control traffic (LAN ports on the surfaces) would be on their own VLAN and updated the firmware to on my surfaces to v1.72 at the same time. Between those two, the problem seems to have been resolved as the S7000 didn’t freeze once over the weekend. I’m hoping that the problem is indeed resolved!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.