dLive Firmware 1.50 – Online Now

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive Firmware 1.50 – Online Now

This topic contains 32 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ben A&H Ben A&H 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Webinar – dLive V1.5: New Features
    Join us on the 26th of May for a webinar on dLive V1.5 firmware features. Product Managers will be at hand to answer your questions.
    Two sessions are offered to suit different time zones.
    To register for a session please click here.

Profile photo of Bigtac
    Bigtac
    Participant

Great Update!
    Thanks
    Antonio

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

There is actually a copy and paste feature for Scene Recall Safe. It’s not documented (as far as I know) and can only be done on scene at a time but it’s still very handy.

1 In the Scene page (with the scene list visible as a widget on the right hand side), select the scene with the recall safe scope you want to copy (you don’t need to recall the scene, just select it).
    2 Tap to open the Recall Filter for the selected scene.
    3 Whilst the Recall Filter is visible, select the scene you wish to paste it to using the widget scene list.
    4 Check the pasted to scene Recall Filter and you will see the the Recall Filter is updated.

Not quite what you requested of course as it’s only one scene at a time rather than pasting to, or updating multiple scenes, but it’s been a life safer for me. Hope it helps.

Cheers Milky

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

Hi Ben, can you tell us when the new dLive Firmware Reference Guide V1.5 will be available please?

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

@vilddyret / @pete-j / @kolethomsen

Thanks for the information on your applications. We will investigate if there are any changes we can make to improve workflow in these scenarios 🙂

@milky

The guide is being proof-read and checked for errors at the moment so it should be online shortly!

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi all,

I should point out that the procedure detailed by @milky isn’t a copy and paste function by design and unfortunately we can not recommend it being used as a copy and paste alternative.

However, we are looking into improvements for the recall filter system based on feedback from this thread so we hope to have an “official” solution for you at some point!

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

Hi Ben, it may not be an ‘official’ solution but it does work though doesn’t it? 🙂

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Nice @ben, it is a pretty commonly used feature, so I think it should be implemented as soon as possible 🙂 Just as I think Solo In Place is a basic feature, that all digital consoles should have without question.

Also I am very much missing the compression on the FX Returns from the iLive 🙁 A little sad I am not able to duck my delays and reverbs, to make room for the lead or make it seem more “dry” and articulated, while still having a nice tail.

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

@tor As a work around, you could always just route the FX Outputs to actual IP channels to get comp/gate etc. I tend to do that with a Reverb that is too wide (for instance), so that I can adjust the stereo spread which is not possible currently on an FX Return. You probably already know this, but you can also use a mix send to drive an FX and add compression or de-ess the send of course which you currently can’t do on an FX send. Cheers Milky

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

I know 🙂 I have returns through a group right now, where I sidechain it.

By the way @ben, for me the newest firmware is quite a bit laggy when messing with recall filter and update. It was a lot more fluid and responsive before. Hopefully this can be addressed at some point.

Profile photo of brandon
    brandon
    Participant

@tor I totally agree about the ducker feature that’s missing in the dlive. I have been using an ilive system for the last 5 years and was shocked to find that the duck was missing on the FX returns on the dlive. A & H you really need to add this in a firmware update.

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi all,

The 1.50 Firmware Reference Guide is now online under the Documents tab of the dLive area on our website.

@vilddyret – there can be some “lag” the first time any specific page is visited, but it should become more responsive on subsequent viewings – this is also true of the scene update/recall filter/scene safe pages. I suspect this might be what you are seeing?

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

No, it is in general, when browsing the recall filter for parameters, it is quite laggy, it does not change after first use.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

After 2 full days of rehearsal and programming, I have to say the 1.5 scene system update is a do-over. The whole recall filter, update and safes system is super laggy, and frustratingly unresponsive. Because the CPU/system is falling behind, it makes for way to many programming errors, because it just does not keep up with the speed of the rest of the console. Very, very frustrating. And I hope we get a fix ASAP of this whole lack of recall filter copy/paste thing, as it just adds to the frustration with the new slow scene pages.

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

Hi @ben

I can confirm that the new GUI in the scene section for scoping parameters is painfully slow compared to previously, the features are great but not usable at that speed. This needs to be addressed. I found myself tempted to research downgrading to 1.42.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.