dLive fader failure

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting dLive fader failure

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alambie alambie 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alambie
    alambie
    Participant

Hi,

We have a dLive S7000 surface that appears to have a lot of faders that have dust/dirt ingress damage. The console has been in some pretty dusty outdoor environments but it always has the dust cover over it when not in use and the surface is dusted down during the gig (multi day show) at these events.

By comparison, our iLive has done these shows many more times than the dLive and it has not had a problem. The dLive has dust ‘seals’ on the faders, the iLive doesn’t. Also, our repair tech (A&H authorised) has dismantled a fader and says the internal fingers on the fader sliders are damaged. This may be that they are very fragile and the dust has caused more wear or something.

What we really noticed was that if we switched into and out of GEQ mode a number of the faders would move their position and the GEQ settings would follow the position (change gain at that frequency).

Anyway, really just wondering whether anyone else has seen anything like this?

Cheers, Alistair

Profile photo of Iwen
    Iwen
    Participant

Hi,
    Mine has the same problem with faders. I use S5000 and S7000 both have the same problem with faders. I dont know rather its damaged by dust or fader slides are damaged.
    please tell me if you find the way out thru these problem.
    Thanks.

Profile photo of alambie
    alambie
    Participant

Hi,

We ended up replacing all the faders. We had them pulled apart and they had a fine short fibre that had become mixed with the lubricant. This damaged the fingers on the slider that make contact with the tracks in the fader. No idea where this came from, we cover our dLive pretty religiously with the A&H dust cover when not actually being used (even overnight when at a venue). We do dry hire the console out at times so maybe someone covered it with a blanket or something and that shed some fibre into the faders.

I’ve attached an image of the stuff we found in the faders. Would be interesting to know whether your faders have the same in them.

Cheers, Alistair

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.