dLive Director Win 11

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive Director Win 11

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

All new Devices come with win11 so I think it is time to get an offical version of Director for win 11.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It just runs on my Windows 11 System. No problems so far.
    I don’t see any need for releasing a dedicated version outside the planned release cycle.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I also have a new PC that came with Win11.
    I have also installed the Director on it – it works perfectly.
    Why should you create a special version?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanx for Your feedback, I also will try it.
    Update because of an offical statement from A&H :
    Windows 11
    Please note that we have not yet verified full and correct operation of this product with Windows 11, though changes to the existing driver may not be required. We will update this notice as our test programmes are completed. In the meantime we advise against updating your OS wherever possible.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

The “not updating your OS” message is pretty much industry standard unfortunately. It is particularly bad with Apple products. There was a similar message when Big Sur and the M1 chip came out for Macs. I have several products that I learned the hard way on this one to the point of having to roll back to a previous version of the macOS, and it was a major pain. This is not just an Allen & Heath problem. It is more of an Apple/developer problem as Apple is not going to wait for developers to update their products and developers have to see the value in re-coding their software. I will also say, in many many cases, I have not had nearly as many issues with Windows when it comes to OS upgrades. I don’t normally and have not had any compatibility issues with Win11 so far with any equipment.

Having said all that. I can’t fathom a company that doesn’t support Apple/Windows/and Android products. There is no excuse for A&H to not have Android support for all of their current supported products.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.