Dlive Director V1.83 crashing on Windows 10

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Dlive Director V1.83 crashing on Windows 10

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of harrybishop
    harrybishop
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a brand new Lenovo Tiny PC running Director with two touch screens. It is connected to a DM0, a DX32 and a DX168. Everything is running V1.83. The computer is brand new, obscenely over-spec’d and only has the Director software and Microsoft Office installed on it.

The system is currently out on tour and has been running fine up until yesterday when the Director software started crashing on the PC. Removing all other elements in the chain the lads connected the PC directly to the network port (no access point/router) on the DM0 with a short CAT7 cable. The problem has persisted. Everything is running with static IP’s.

Other computers do not crash suggesting the problem is specific to that PC. The software has been uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem persists. The crash can be consistently recreated by attempting to edit a Dyn-8 inserted on a channel although I understand it is happening in more situations now.

Audio is unaffected.

Any ideas what the problem may be? I’m thinking that perhaps a setting in the PC is conflicting with the software? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Windows 10 will sometimes to decide to do something you don’t want without telling you to optimize something you do not care about. It may not appear directly related to the problem but it is the root cause.

Look at ALL the win10 settings and options and see what changed. Undo it.

Killing your usb dead is a common problem until you tell it not to optimize your power use. I would not trust windoze for use as anything other than a social media toy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.