dLive Director FX tap on Surface Pro

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive Director FX tap on Surface Pro

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Art Art 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

Hi guys, wondered about the fx tap while running Director on a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet. While tapping the delay the tablet registers “aftertouch” so its very hard to set a delay time since the aftertouch is pressure sensitive!

Is the problem within Director, or Windows?

Some other functions have the tap-aftertouch problems but the workaround is to hold the finger pressed. Tho its a big problem with delay tapping.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I have a Surface Pro 4 and just tried it for you. No issues.

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

Ok it must be and issue with the new Surface Pro then.
    Haven’t found any settings in Windows to setup the touch. The same problem goes for using the Director’s built in keyboard when typing. It taps every letter twice. Bringing up the Windows keyboard works fine tho. Sends in faders on the programmable buttons works fine tho.

Maybe a bug with the new Surface Pro only and and Director?

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

I tested to put the tap on a softkey instead, which works like a charm.

There is a bug going on with the new Surface Pro. Would be great if someone employed by A&H looks at this, since there’s more issues with the touch interface and Director than the FX tap. Some navigation is slow, like holding the finger down a while to bring up the PEQ on effect returns while in the FX window, and same procedure to open the “curtain” menus in different taps and options, or to put a button ON or OFF (every button acts like the 48v Hold)

Another good thing with touch screens and Director would be to bring a fader up on screen when using the finger to set a gain or socket patch, its very easy to scroll a value waay too far like + 20-30 dB in a few mm’s movement. Another not mentioned manufacturer has solved the round button touch adjustment this way, and its much easier and faster to use.

Other than these minor issues that will get fixed, I must say the dLive is a wonderful console! Sounds great! It has lifted the bar of what I can / want to do with live audio and its got great compatibilty and connectivity. As a freelancer, I don’t think I could have done a better purchase.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Well, my apologies on my earlier answer. I have my taps assigned to softkeys, so I didn’t even think about the tap on the fx itself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.