dLive DCA and Input Channel Mutes

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive DCA and Input Channel Mutes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Steve Steve 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

I’m moving from an ML5000 to a dLive. On the ML5000, All “Un-Muted” inputs associated with a VCA assignment, follow the VCA MUTE. However, the input channels on the ML5000 can always be “Un-Muted”, overriding the VCA MUTE. Does the dLive have that functionality (…or can it be set up to do it the same way)?

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Steve,

The dLive has a dedicated “DCA mute” LED under the mute button that illuminates when that the channel is DCA muted. This is separate from the mute button on the channel strip, but located just below it.

So it’s always clear why/how a channel is muted, but I haven’t found a way to achieve the functionality you’re looking for, of unmuting a channel that is DCA muted. A&H confirmed that here: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/mute-groups-on-dlive/#post-48704

There has since been a firmware update that lets you use DCAs as mute groups, but my understanding is that they’re just DCAs without the level control.

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Michael,
    Thanks for the reply…that was very helpful. I hope A&H includes this functionality as an option in a future software release!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.