dLive Dante recording noise

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting dLive Dante recording noise

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KanarieVink KanarieVink 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of honourhim
    honourhim
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m new to the dLive system (currently renting) and got the virtual soundcheck going. Only thing, there is noise in the recording, similar to when a vinyl record starts playing, that crackly type noise

I’ve tried 3 different laptops, Mac and windows and as far as I’m aware, there’s nothing much with settings that I could do. Like the DVS latency is 10ms, changing it didn’t do much

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Make sure you clock settings are correct.
    Assuming Dante is only used for recording, recommended settings are:
    – dLive clock set to Internal
    – Dante card set to ‘Preferred Master’ and ‘Enable Sync to Ext’ in Dante Controller

Definitely definitely a clock issue. I just got burned by forgetting to check the “Enable Sync to Ext” button in a new setup, which is a total 101 move. In our case, it was only inserts on the dante return path to console that were affected by sync drift, resulting in the telltale pops every couple of minutes. Drove me nuts for *days,* until I realized what was going on.

Profile photo of honourhim
    honourhim
    Participant

Thank you for that. Where would the preferred master be in dlive? Or is that in Dante controller?

Thanks you!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Dante clock and dLive clock are different, in dante controller you can set the clock master for the Dante network only
    set Dante clock master to the M-Dante Card and sync the card to the dLive, that should help

Profile photo of Netracer24
    Netracer24
    Participant

Preferred master and enable external sync is handled in Dante controller. “Enable external control” got me too!

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Nicola — experiencing pop problem noted above but when I set sync to external it turns red and the entire matrix disappears. C3500 surface latest firmware in Dante card cdm 48 mixrack. What am I doing wrong?

SteffenR
    Participant

Wich Dante card? the old or the new?
    Maybe your network is set to the wrong sample rate…

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Old card. I think it is 48k only and the ulxd receivers are 48k too. Does the dlive need to be set to 48 kHz rather than 96k?

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Problem resolved. After corresponding with Nicola directly, I changed the sync on the dLive from internal to the Dante card in port 1. The pops disappeared. It appeared to be not possible to do the sync in the other direction, from the Dante card back to the dLive as Dante Controller errored out each time. This fix is working, had no issues with final dress last night. Thanks much Nic for the help!!

SteffenR
    Participant

Problem resolved. After corresponding with Nicola directly, I changed the sync on the dLive from internal to the Dante card in port 1. The pops disappeared. It appeared to be not possible to do the sync in the other direction, from the Dante card back to the dLive as Dante Controller errored out each time.

I think you mixed up things… can you clarify your settings please?

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Things are, indeed, mixed up, but necessarily so. The standard solution of enabling the external sync does not work for me. When I invoke that setting, it turns red and the entire matrix disappears. I emailed Nicola directly, as I had to solve the problem yesterday or go back to all analog. He suggested, since his normal solution was not working, that I try syncing the dLive back through the i/o port to the Dante card. I did that, and it worked. The pops are gone and the system is working normally. I realize that what I did is the exact opposite of the normal set up, but, once again, that did not work for me. This arrangement does.

SteffenR
    Participant

It would be interesting, why does the normal way not work for you…
    if you find out let us know

Profile photo of andrewyager
    andrewyager
    Participant

This literally just saved me too. Thanks!

Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

Is anyone using 2 audio networks?
    Im using Dante getting clicks and pops every now and then but im also running waves multirack.
    Im hesitating to change my clock settings because of the waves card.

But in theory if I have the system clock to Dante and have multirack clock to the console I should be good right?
    TIA.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.