dLive CDM32 \ C1500 – Maximum Number of Ipad Connections.

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive CDM32 \ C1500 – Maximum Number of Ipad Connections.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sam
    Sam
    Participant

Hello folks

Glad to be a part of this community. In our church we are planning on purchasing a dLive system and most likely either the CDM32 or CDM48. We currently use a Qu32 and all the musicians use an iPod to control their mix on their own.

We would like to continue using the functionality once we have the dLive, so a few questions:

a) Does the dLive support iPods or we could use only iPads ? I read and it shows iPad only but thought I would ask.
    b) What is the maximum number of simultaneous iPad connections we could do ?

Any info will greatly help us make the evaluation better.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

1) The MixPad (more for FOH mixing) and OneMix (more for musician mixing their own monitors) both require iPads to work. Their is no iPhone/iPod or Android solution.

However there is also the CustomControl app. This app is available on all platforms (Android and iOS – phones and tablets)), but requires that someone create the initial layouts and control “surfaces” that the apps will load. Someone can create a layout to allow your musicians to mix their own monitors, but it doesn’t create itself. It takes some time and effort to get it designed and working correctly.

The MixPad and OneMix solutions are plug and play and require no custom setup to work, but are limited to just the iPad devices.

2) I cannot think of the max connections at this moment in time, but it is something like 32 devices if I remember correctly. It certainly is more than enough for the average use case IMHO.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.