dLive C3500-CDM48 USB Multitrack Recording

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive C3500-CDM48 USB Multitrack Recording

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Duesenbert Duesenbert 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sam
    Sam
    Participant

Hello experts

We recently got the dLive C3500-CDM48 system and are in love with it. We upgraded from our Qu32 mixer.

However, we are trying to figure out multitrack USB recording to usb drive with the dLive. The QU32 was straightforward in this regard but does the C3500 support multitrack recording straight to a USB drive ? If yes how do we do it, using tie lines ?

Can someone confirm as there is very little info online unfortunately.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Dante, Waves, MADI
    up to 128 channels each direction

Profile photo of Brent H.
    Brent H.
    Participant

As mentioned by SteffenR, you have to get a card to put in the MixRack or surface. The USB recording/playback port on the surface only does 2 track.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I just want to note that you can get a Waves card and multitrack record using a DAW just like you would with a Dante card, etc. It’s easy to assume that you are required to use a Waves server (which is more money), but that is not true. You can also send audio to other devices running a Waves card without the need for a Waves server too. It took me a minute when I first looked at Waves to understand this myself.

The Waves cards do tend to be less expensive and are extremely fast (low latency), but they only work with other Waves cards/devices and computers that have a Waves Soundgrid driver installed on them (available on Waves site). Dante has a much larger set of compatible devices, but it is slower than Waves and costs more. I don’t have personal experience with Madi to give any feedback.

Profile photo of Duesenbert
    Duesenbert
    Participant

Brian, you are correct about Waves working well as audio-over-IP for recording without doing a typical Waves setup! However, I’m curious what you’re basing your “fast” and “slow” comments on – I have the Dante 128×128 cards in 2 dLives as well as a Waves V3 in one and they seem the same in terms of latency. I run the Dante cards at 0.25 milliseconds, which is pretty fast if you ask me! Plus, if it’s only being used for recording (not monitoring) the latency won’t matter one bit. I have my recording computer running DVS configured at 10ms latency for that reason.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.