dLive C2500 "downgrading" to C1500?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive C2500 "downgrading" to C1500?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mixJM mixJM 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

I bought C2500 in January for occasional touring with a few well knows artists in Poland. I don’t do much shows, as most of my work is studio mixing, so the console purchase was more of a hobby type of investment.
    Now I start thinking that maybe I should have gone the C1500 route. I already posted my C2500, unfortunately I will loose some money of course, but I have a feeling C1500 will be much easier for me to carry around, to do virtual soundchecks (show prep) in the studio. I’m super happy with C2500 but my back doesn’t like it too much 🙂 and I usually don’t have anyone to help me with loading and unloading from my car. And more and more it seems that I will be easily as quick with 12 faders, after I did some tests without actually using the 8 fader bank on my C2500.

Do you think It’s a good choice for me to downgrade?

Profile photo of Spookt
    Spookt
    Participant

a long time ago I worked with M32…that’s the reason I’m freakin out to need faders. After this rubbish I bought a GLD 112, my first A&H experience. Now 4 years later I upgrade to the dLive C1500 because when you work with A&H, you don’t need all the faders, you have DCA spills!! it’s handy when you have a complete team to travel with large consoles. I travel around with music theater, most of the times alone en the C1500 is in a trolley case, extremely handy.

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

Well, I have found some people interested in my C2500 so I might go for it.

If I were doing that thing, I would *maybe* get an ip8 as well to keep on the side. I’ve used c1500 both with, and without an ip8 as sidecar, and much prefer having those extra 8 faders; if only for keeping DCA spills tidy, for keeping Tap Tempo far far away from where I might have my “go” button mapped, and for things like quick access to FX sends/returns, or the occasional wedge.

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

I will most likely get an IP8 as well as Windows tablet with a touch screen to get a Director running on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.