dLive C1500 – screen freeze

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting dLive C1500 – screen freeze

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of benvancampfort benvancampfort 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of benvancampfort
    benvancampfort
    Participant

I’m just back from a rehearsal weekend with a band, using a dLive system for the first time.
    The console is a C1500 and we use a CDM32 mixrack. For backing tracks form a MacBook we use a Dante card in the stagerack.
    The system is running on the latest firmware version (1.72).

I also installed my PC (HP) to the Network to have access to the Dante Controller software and to record and play back via the dLive virtual soundcard. I did this through the secondary Dante port in the Dante card.

Recording went fine, playing back in the Virtual SoundCheck mode worked as well but when switching back to the live inputs (status ‘Record Send’) the top part of the surface sometimes froze completely. The display kept showing the I/O patching screen and touching it didn’t change anything. I could change the buttons at the right side of the screen though (the LED’s changed). The lower part of the surface kept working (faders and banks).

Apart from that, I also noticed a lot of digital ‘clicks’ while playing back audio in virtual soundcheck mode. I did not notice this while mixing with the live inputs.

Has anyone else encountered these issues before? Could they be bugs that will be gone with the next firmware update or is it rather a setup issue?

Thanks in advance for thinking along. I’m now 2 days inthe the world of dLive and I do like it a lot so far!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

what is connected to your dLive control network?

The surfaces are networked together… if you have problems with freezes
    it is mostly something in the control network that is affecting the system

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

And about the clicks:
    make sure you have “enable sync to external” checked for the Dante Card in Dante Controller!

benvancampfort
    Participant

This is a schematic overview of all connections

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

As far as I understand Dante, the secondary port of the Dante card is not meant to connect a second device. It is for redundancy only.
    Check the network topology of Dante (on Audinate.com)!!

You should use a Dante enabled switch in the primary port to connect both laptops.

The “synch to external” under clock tab in Dante controller is still necessary!

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

And what is the CDM network to Dante network connection for?

SteffenR
    Participant

It looks ok
    second port on the Dante is not only for redundancy, in switched mode it is ok to connect a second device

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

May I quote some text taken from Audinate.com:
    “Can Dante devices be daisy chained?

In most cases the answer is “no”. Dante devices are connected via a network switch, which most often means a “star” topology – all devices are connected to a single central point, which minimizes the number of “hops” through which data must pass. This also avoids the scenario in which the failure of one device causes the entire “daisy chain” to break.

Note: the Secondary Port found on some Dante devices is NOT to be used for daisy chaining – this is for Dante Redundancy only.”

If I understand that correctly, the secondary port is not meant for a second device?

SteffenR
    Participant

but the secondary port on other devices is usable for daisy chaining
    it highly depends on the device

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Thanks for clarification!

As from firmware version 3.6.4 the secondary port can be used for a second device, if the card is in switched mode.
    Just grabbed that from the M-Card manual.

benvancampfort
    Participant

It seems that marking “enable sync to external” in Dante Controller has helped for the “clicks”-issue.
    I have now switched from virtual SC mode to live mode multiple times at home and the screen did not freeze anymore.

Tomorrow is the first show. I’ll let you know if the issue still occurs!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.