dLive C Class

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive C Class

This topic contains 40 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Neakmenter Neakmenter 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I think to complement my surface with a second surface.
    So S3000 and C1500. this gives me more flexibility for a little bigger (and also smaller) jobs.

if I like to connect two surfaces how this is made?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Wolfgang,
    At present, you cannot connect two Surfaces to one MixRack. It was discussed earlier in this thread.

Profile photo of cheu78
    cheu78
    Participant

Even if you have 2 Dante cards installed (one in the mixrack and one in the second surface) ?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Even if you have 2 Dante cards installed (one in the mixrack and one in the second surface) ?

I don’t think that would matter. Dante would just be for passing audio signals not control (I assume).
    What’s not clear to me is how many of each type of controller can ‘operate’ the mixrack.
    I think I’ll start a new thread and ask for some clarification on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfgang
    Participant

hello Nicola,
    oh, I hope this it is still adapted.
    I would want a C1500 as “sidecar” in the FOH in addition to the S3000.
    also for uses with two engineers (e.g., orchestra mix and band mix) this would be a great solution.

if this does not work, the purchase is not worthwhile for me.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Nice KB paper about gigaACE and swithces/media, however Spanning Tree is L2, not L3 as far as I know.

ddff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@wolfgang
    As I said, two Surfaces on one MixRack is not currently supported. It’s on the list of things to do, but I don’t have a timescale at present. You might want to consider a second, compact MixRack as this would give you the flexibility of deploying two systems separately when needed.

Wolfgang
    Participant

OK, thank you.
    but it is good to know that itΒ΄s on your to-do list πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

So give us that 2u DSP only rack for FOH Nicola πŸ™‚

Profile photo of giusfre
    giusfre
    Participant

Mmmm…I actually use a Cymaticaudio uTrack24 for backingtracks (don’t want to use computers for live gigs) and it gives midi program changes to all the hardware on stage, including our actual digital mixer, for every song in the setlist.
    Is there any way to send a midi signal, from a normal midi output, to the dlive without using computers (this thing will be crucial for me in deciding whether to buy or not the product)?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Neakmenter
    Neakmenter
    Participant

Just saying – A&H are really becoming awesome indeed.

It was a shame I had such a hard time with the original V1 iLive console interface. It put me off for a long time. It actually was a fantastic system once the software was upgraded. I guess it was just difficult having it offered at a major festival as a “would you like to try this”… festival main stages as a middle-on artist are no place to be trying new things!

Yes, now I think it makes so much sense to have the processing on the stage with the inputs, all the band’s equipment and the MD’s midi controllers and much else (q-lab/catalyst etc) – most of us only need or want control at FOH (or with ipads around the venue!).

C Class looks like a great option for the mid level music-in-theatres type shows I’m looking after at the moment. Tons of channels and mixes at an awesome price with loads of IO.

To the earlier poster whining about a lack of local IO at the surface… I thought that’s what the DX expanders could be used for?! πŸ˜‰

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.