DLive C Class EQ Width design-fail

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions DLive C Class EQ Width design-fail

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Hi A&H.

This was the first point I made to the local A&H rep, and to your employee hosting a dLive presentation in Copenhagen. The “Width” Press-And-Hold feature of the EQ is simply the single biggest brain fart on the C Class surfaces, and this opinion has now been confirmed by every single C Class user I have talked to.

Since it is too late for you to implement the full EQ pots, you have to at least make the “Width” button latchable. With my finger on the screen I can easily control frequency and gain, but Q value is not editable via touch input. So of course the most sensible thing would then be to have the width knob below the screen, without having to press and hold the button 🙂 make it latchable, problem solved!

Anther fix could be to make the touch and turn dial default to the width parameter on the active EQ band.

Please please please take care of this in next firmware update.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

if you need the width control, buy S Class…

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Thanx for that absolutely pointless and ridiculous post.

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Tor, don’t mind Steffen R. He seems to be on a roll theses days. It’s easy for some of us to forget that the reason for the forum is to share and collaborate. I do often so I decided long ago I would troll often for answers and only respond when truly productive.

I agree entirely with you on the width selection. Another simple fix is just to make it accessible on the touch screen. A simple slider much like on the app for the Qu series. That would satisfy me.

This was one of the things I knew about even before I invested in the c-class. But well worth the investment even with this shortfall.

Jeff.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

how about the following?
    Holding the button acts as it is in the moment…
    press the button shortly latches it to width,
    pressing it shortly again goes back to “normal”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.