dLive block digram for firmware 1.61

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive block digram for firmware 1.61

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Freddy Fresh
    Freddy Fresh
    Participant

Is there an updated block digram available?
    The firmware reference for 1.6 contains only outdated block digram from firmware 1.4.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Freddy, we only update the block diagram when changes to the processing or routing architecture occur. With the exception of Automatic Mic Mixing, everything you see on the V1.4 block diagram is still relevant. If you are specifically interested in how AMM integrates with the signals, I’ll see if I can update the document in the next few weeks.

Profile photo of Freddy Fresh
    Freddy Fresh
    Participant

You guessed right. It is regarding the AMM. When I tried to PFL a channel used in the AMM. the PFL level was adjusted after the AMM level. Only the last channel open in the AMM had propper PFL level. So my workaround was to disable the AMM when I PFL the channels before we went on-air.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We are updating the block diagram and will replace the tech datasheets online asap.
    In the meantime, to clarify how the AMM works:
    – The AMM gain is applied post channel delay, so all post-delay sends (including channel to Main / Group) are affected by the AMM.
    – The AMM sidechain or ‘key’ input is sourced post-Filters (pre gate) but is always following the state of the channel Mute and has an option to follow the channel fader.

You are right in your understanding that PFL is affected by the AMM gain. You can still listen to any point in the channel path by pressing the Listen button and touching the source point on the screen. Any Listen point pre-delay will not be affected by the AMM.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.