dLive availability

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive availability

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

Today we got word that key components to the system we ordered 3 months ago were not expected for another 5-6 months. This is for delivery to the US from a major, well-connected supplier. Are others having the same experience?

I read a recent post that seemed to indicate that supply chain was not a problem right now. Perhaps I missed the implied sarcasm tags, or that user ordered before we did and so is just further ahead in the queue. Or maybe that user is bound to be disappointed?

Is A&H not able to build things at all right now due to chip shortages? Are they building and shipping product but the backlog is so deep that they just can’t get caught up? A little of both with some products affected more than others?

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

A&H Dealer here. Orders are taking much longer than usual at the moment. And A&H are not the only ones dealing with this. Basically all we ask our manufactures now is when it will ship.

The secondary issue is that all these companies have to keep the firmware updating every time a component is changed out. You can see that in the last few releases notes for Dlive.

Yet another issue is that demand is also up. So with low/no stock, chip shortages and high demand for product it’s a disaster to actually get anything.

It’s frustrating…

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

I’m very thankful that the mixer being replaced is still 100% functional and we can keep using it as long as we need to.

Profile photo of awdiokid
    awdiokid
    Participant

Yes, we have the same experience. We’ve been waiting for our dLive system for 8 months. We just received the surface, but no sign of the MixRack, so we have a very expensive, very nice looking paperweight at the moment. 🙂

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

All manufacturers have this problem at the moment. Yamaha currently also says “available in several months”.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

9 months later…

Got word yesterday that the Dante card we ordered in April 2022 (over a year ago) has finally shipped!

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

We thought that 6 months would be enough lead time to build out our next project for a full setup in a new location. Apparently our dealer told us that we may have delays. Part of me wants to believe that this is another ripple from the waves that were created when we were having actual shortages. Part of me thinks its excuses because a lot of what we want to order is available from major retailers even though we’ve been told that products are back ordered. I am leaning more towards the ripples that were created from the shortages and inflation pushing prices higher and higher and businesses are busting at the seams. We recently purchased a new car and the dealer told me that it took them 8 months to get it and they only were allowed one with none of the other dealerships able to get them. I confirmed this by calling the other dealerships.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.