DLive audio drop out with Waves

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting DLive audio drop out with Waves

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KilianB KilianB 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of uprmstudio
    uprmstudio
    Participant

Hey everyone! Thanks for the help in advance.

Here is what I am experiencing:

I have been having intermittent audio drop outs for about 2-4 seconds. It seems only to be affecting channels that are going to Waves. Waves supergrid and the DLive are not showing any errors in the logs.
    I have not updated to 1.90 on the DLive yet. The setup up is Waves card to approved Netgear switch to Mac mini running latest version of supergrid with two waves servers. I also have a network cable going from the mix rack to the waves card in order to send midi commands to waves.
    It is a very intermittent issue and has only happened 4 times over the past 3 months.
    I’m wondering if there is a problem with the Waves card or switch that wouldn’t show up in any logs.
    Thank you!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Can you share you clock settings for the dLive and the Waves card?
    Typically the dLive would be set to Internal, and the Waves card to ‘Digital’ which means it will sync from the dLive clock. Incorrect clock settings can cause clicks, pops and, if the clock drift is significant, audio dropouts.

Profile photo of uprmstudio
    uprmstudio
    Participant

After some more research, I believe we had a bad Waves server and it switched to the redundant server, which in turn, caused the audio to drop for about 4 seconds or so while it switched. I will be working on it with waves this week and will hopefully confirm.

Profile photo of Dusty T
    Dusty T
    Participant

Honestly, the best thing you can do for yourself, if you’re using waves, is to build yourself an “oh shit!” button, where you bypass all your waves inserts when waves crashes.

Profile photo of KilianB
    KilianB
    Participant

While I do agree, if you have a lot of critical signals passing through Soundgrid, it is a good idea to be prepared do disable the corresponding routing quickly (as with any outboard processing), I must say that Soundgrid processing has been extremely reliable for me over the last few years.

Also, 4 seconds seems rather long for switching to the redundant server.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.