dLive and ME Issues

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive and ME Issues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Michael 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yacob
    Yacob
    Participant

Hello all,

This morning when I started up my console, a few things started acting weird.
    Firstly on the console: it took a little longer than usual to start up. Not a big deal. Secondly, my preamp gain wasn’t showing up on the strip.

The biggest problem I am having is with the ME system. One of the ME-1s we have wont sync up with the system. Im not quite sure if this is a problem with the console output or the ME system. I have tried copying over a show file from a working one. It copies over but wont pass any audio or names.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jacob Everett

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jacob,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your system. If it’s always the same ME-1 at fault, I suspect the problem is with the ME-1 unit. However to diagnose and resolve this I suggest you contact our local distributor or create a Support ticket at https://support.allen-heath.com/

You can also attach the Logs and Show files from your dLive so they can look into the other issue for you.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Jacob,

In my admittedly limited experience, the preamp gain control will not display for purely digital signals. Were you using a digital or an analog source on the affected channel strip?

I’ve also experienced issues with ME-1s that were on an older version of firmware, especially in terms of inheriting stereo linking, which doesn’t seem to be your issue. Are your ME-1s and ME-U running the most recent firmware? Or perhaps is that ME-1 on a different version of firmware than the rest of your units?

Also note that ME-1 units can be daisy chained, but each unit after the first one would require its own power supply, as only the first unit can receive power from the ethernet cable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.