Dlive AES over Tie Lines

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Dlive AES over Tie Lines

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SWu
    SWu
    Participant

Hello everybody,
    just a quick question about the dlive (c3500): is it possible to root the consoles AES-IN via tie lines to mixrack (analog) outputs directly? So that there is no further processing and i get the analog signal out of my mixrack directly?
    thanks for your help!

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Sure you can.
    You could use Director to test stuff like this, if you can’t get hand on a console…

Profile photo of SWu
    SWu
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your answer! I know about the director, but i wasn’t sure about the format. So it sends out the anolog signal on my mixracks outs, when i directly tie-line the consoles AES-IN to them?

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

How can a analog output send anything else than analog? Maybe I don’t get your question….

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the tie lines are post A/D at the input and pre D/A at the output
    if you have digital end points there should be no conversation needed

the only thing to keep in mind is there is a sample rate conversion if needed

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

i haven’t tried it, but i’m sceptical if you can get an AES signal to analog so easily. it would be nice if it were that simple.
    have you tried this before?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

it is that simple…

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

As Steffen said “it is that simple”, but even more capable.

Inside dLive you have an (approx) 800 in x 800 out non-blocking switching matrix (S Class) that you can go from any Analog/DX/Slot to any Analog/DX/Slot/ME on MR or Surface. There may be an upper limit on concurrent connections (not published), but there isn’t a known restriction on what-can-be-connected-to-what.

If you look at all the slot options and DX options, the routing (and SRC) capabilities rock.
    Analog. AES. Dante. Waves. MADI. Map between any of them as you wish.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Stefan is quite correct it is that simple, it is about the most flexible mixing system that I am aware of. You just select the require input source and then the destination and hit apply.😎

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.