dLive 1.90 has been released!

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive 1.90 has been released!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 33 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bill in TN Bill in TN 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

All thumbs up for DTE. What a god-sent tool! Loving it!

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Coming back to my post from 30th of september concerning OptTronik:

– firmware 1.9 is reverting the SC emphasis to a default value of 22. Depending on your settings for a existing show, this could make quite some difference in sound. So if you are updating a show to 1.9, better make notes on your emphasis values, if you want your old setting back.

Maybe a warning in the release notes would help to avoid this problem?

And I want to second my question from that post: did any other Deep Plugs change, where we could run into a similar problem?

Profile photo of Bill in TN
    Bill in TN
    Participant

I am late to the update, not at late as A&H :)-, but finally did it recently after vacation etc putting it off. Integration of the RTA is wonderful, this is great stuff and better than I envisioned. The sonogram with history is unexpected bonus I didn’t expect ! No more laptop RTA for my poorly calibrated ear to interpret and now right on top of the EQ. The old dLive RTA was just lacking big time, no offense.

Being the less than pro audio person I am I’m not sure how the expander differs that much from the current gate and I still need to understand what that and the new bus compressor may do for our mix but keen to explore.

If there is any RTA scale adjustment I did not find it yet. But sometimes I miss the obvious like ‘your car keys are in your hand’ obvious.

I also have not sorted out minor issue that my surface PAFL/Sel now follows director and vice-versa. I don’t recall doing anything to not have that happen on previous versions so I might need a pointer there to separate them again. Only important when we have 2 people working together and we have always had 2 PAFL buses set up and still do. So puzzled ??

I have recommended dLive as the best high level of sophistication and still usable by an average or intermediate level audio engineer (like me) to anyone who wants to talk about it. Now more than ever hands down the best system I have seen without reservation if your budget has under 5 zeros (US$).

THANKS for 1.9 !

Profile photo of Bill in TN
    Bill in TN
    Participant

After a couple weeks use I’m back…

I finally understand how the PAFL association between Director and Surface links to RTA’s. I’ll just get used to the way you need to bounce control back and forth between Director and the Surface depending on which you are using.

I noticed Director seamed to run slower and graphics update was sluggish. I turned my laptop up to best performance and it improved but my battery life went downhill too fast. Another thing that really caught me off guard was the loss of the swipe control in Director for the custom soft keys on the right. But I see there is already a 1.91 so I will try that out this week and see if it improves on these.

Some of the other new features I am discovering. I like the new 12 band EQ and it’s enough for almost anything I would do. It would be nice to have the fader flip to the 12 band EQ like the larger ones can.

then bounce it back to the surface RTAwith RTA

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.