dLive 1.90 has been released!

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive 1.90 has been released!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 33 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bill in TN Bill in TN 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ash
    Ash
    Participant

Well done on 1.9.
    Love the RTA.
    The new expander is awesome on snare.
    Buss comp is great on main lr bus, just taking 2-3db off really smooths mix.
    👏👏👏

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I got to spend some time with 1.9 yesterday, and am very pleased with this update. I played with some virtual sound checks that I have, and really like the new features. The bus compressor sounds great! Have a show scheduled for the dLive in 2 weeks, and can’t wait to use some of the new stuff.

Profile photo of JPage
    JPage
    Participant

Is it possible to update only one console on a multi-mixrack system? Or do any consoles that receives or sends audio over an IO port have to be on the same firmware?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

If you only exchange the raw data, i.e. the pure audio signals, e.g. via Dante or MADI, then you do not need a firmware update on all units.
    This is just like sending the audio data from your dLive via MADI to a Yamaha console.

Only if the devices have to share control data, i.e. Surface to Mixrack, do they both need the same firmware.

Profile photo of JPage
    JPage
    Participant

Ok, I wasn’t sure if the gigaACE card was different since it can carry more than audio and sometimes the updates update cards too.

Wolfgang
    Participant

Unfortunately, I cannot say whether it is different in connection with a gigaACE, as I do not have a gigaACE card.
    I can only say for the open protocols, i.e. MADI or Dante.

Wolfgang
    Participant

A suggestion for improvement on the new NEQ12 filters:

It would be very practical if the encoders below the screen were assigned to the filters in NEQ12.
    Only 4 filters are displayed at a time anyway, so that would also fit the hardware.

Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant

And it could be useful to display the 12 filters in the south EQ area as well.

Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant

I had the first three shows with V1.9, great update 🙂

Profile photo of devanbumstead
    devanbumstead
    Participant

I’m excited to install this! But one question—we have slightly older iPads running OneMix for our monitors. Will I have to update the apps too? At this point I’m hoping I never have to update the OS on the iPads since it’ll slow them down.

Wolfgang
    Participant

The apps on the iPad must also be on version 1.90, otherwise there is an error message.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Hi A&H is there a way to make a RTA input channel type a surface preamp e.g. FoH position?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@brian Yes, but you will have to use an Input channel for that. The RTAs can be locked to a specific channel, which in turn can be sourced from any system socket including Surface preamps.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Ok got it the channel has to be set to surface socket, thanks

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Can we get more info on what has changed in OptTronik asap? (and maybe other deep plugins that have been changed as well?)

Running a well set project that makes heavily use of OptTronik, I had to touch every single OptTronik to make changes, as they did not sound/behave like they did before. On some instances I had to even exchange them with other plugs cause I couldn’t get them to the where I wanted on the fly during a concert.

So a little warning to everyone using projects that make use of OptTronik. Expect some hands on is needed. I even had the feeling that some values reverted to standard numbers (emphasis?). But I need to double check this…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.