Distortion/clipping of signal through ME1s

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Distortion/clipping of signal through ME1s

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bethelsound
    bethelsound
    Participant

My worship leader’s vocal mic is doing this throughout the ME1 system. Definitely happens when he kicks his voice into high gear, as if it were clipping somewhere between my Qu-32 and the return back to the stage (evident with IEMs and floor wedges). There is no evidence of clipping or of over-cranked gain according to my console, so it’s hard to track down the parameters for this issue. Thought maybe it had something to do with gaining up the compressor and having the Global Direct Out for that signal set to post-comp, but I’ve had a hard time recreating it.

It is a big problem, as he eventually just pulls his in-ears out in frustration.

Would appreciate any insight on this…

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

I hope you don’t mind if we continue this in the other thread: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/me-1-giving-output-distortion-sound

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.